What are the Best Herniated Disc Treatment Options

The best "herniated disc treatment options"
The treatment for a herniated disc can be very different from person to person since age, lifestyle and severity of the symptoms have to be considered from your doctor. Fortunately, different non-surgical treatment options can alleviate the problem in 90% of patience. Unfortunately, the remaining 10% of patients the symptoms are increasingly worsening; they have no other choice to avoid an operation. Considerable attention has been given those patients with bladder and bowel control problems, a herniated disc operation will be considered much earlier.

Non-surgical "herniated disc treatment options" for not severe cases
Commonly applied treatment options for a herniated disc are trying to stay active or have 1 or 2 days bed rest. Avoid longer periods of bed rest that could weaken your back muscles and stay away from sitting for long periods of time also lifting and bending.
Consider to change your sagging mattress for a firm one and find out if small pillows would help you degrease your pain if put under your waist and/or shoulder. If you sleep on your back a large pillow under the knees can relief your back and/or if you sleep on your side a smaller pillow can be very useful.
Ice packs are considered as first aid for an injured back but should not be longer applied as 20 minutes three times a day. Heat packs should be applied a few days after the cold pack treatment; too early applied could add to inflammation and swelling.
However, a not widely known treatment method has found its way for back pain related symptoms like a herniated disc. This treatment method produces amazing results and is highly recommended from people and therapists applying alternative treatments.
For the non believer in alternative e treatment methods we show what is usually described form doctors when dealing with back pain or hernia symptoms.
Before you take in following medication, investigate (e.g. on Google) really carefully the side effects involved with, you do not want to exchange one problem with a row of other health issues!
General pain relief including back pain can be treated with ibuprofen pills. Much stronger medications for severe back pain are opioid or oxycodone as muscle relaxants or amitripyline and gabapentin for nerve pain. For persistent severe pain corticosteroids by injection or oral can be used.

Physiotherapy and exercises, another "herniated disc treatment option"
Your doctor may send you to a physiotherapist to perform spine strengthening exercises and exercises to correct your curved back or neck in order to reduce the pressure on the discs and spinal nerves.

Surgery isn't usually considered unless you develop severe pain or nerve damage that gets steadily worse. If you have loss of bladder or bowel control, you may need surgery right away.

aaaaaaaaaaaaiii